||This Drug Recognition and Impairement testing standard practitioners course will teach to carry out Preliminary Impairement Testing which has only previously been available to UK Police. The delegates will learn the full range of impairment tests and drug recognition techniques. After the course, delegates will be able to carry out an assessment of employees to an ISO 9000 standard. 2 days for up to 8 delegates
- Certificate of the course completion
- The Impairment Testing is done to an ISO 9000 standard.
- Each trained person receives a certificate to show that they are authorised to carry out the testing.
- To provide the practitioner with an overview of relevant legislation and practices.
- To provide the skills to administer and interpret Preliminary Impairment tests in order to ascertain if a person is unfit to drive
- To provide the skills required to identify and interpret signs and symptoms associated with drugs usage and influence
The course is concluded with an exam to demonstrate that the required standard has been met.
- Review of the pertinent legislation and description of current procedures in respect of drug driving offenders
- Review of the visual technique that may assist in the detection of impaired drivers and the use of observable clues
- Preliminary Impairment Testing using:
- Romberg Balance Test
- Walk and Turn Test
- One Leg Stand Test
- Finger to Nose Test
- Drug Recognition
Delegates must take 1 day refresher training every 2 years after the initial course completion.