This practical coaching session has been created for drivers with little or limited experience of driving in the UK and aims to aid drivers in adapting their existing driving skill and knowledge to suit UK roads, guiding delegates through proven driving techniques to suit the individual’s pace.
During the training the driver experiences a variety of road-types e.g. motorways, dual-carriageways, cross-country routes, and towns and villages.
Driver familiarisation to the UK roads for expatriates, foreign students and individuals who have moved back to the UK recently.
- Certificate of the course completion
- Reducing anxiety and increasing confidence
- Familiarization to the UK vehicles, roads and road regulations
- Improved fuel efficiency
- Individual assessment and positive coaching
- Standard driving licence and eyesight checks before commencement of training
- Vehicle pre-drive check to help the delegates understand the importance of maintaining the vehicle and taking responsibility for their own safety
- Demonstration drive from the trainer to “set the scene” (subject to insurance)
- The Highway Code, road signs and road markings
- Driving on the left
- Roundabouts and pedestrian crossings
- Motorway driving
- Teaching defensive driver and fuel management techniques