||A course created from a compilation of the key topics from the Driver CPC syllabus. The aim of this module is to give drivers a general overview of the most important pieces of information they need to be aware of as a professional LGV or PCV driver. After completion of this module, drivers will have a better understanding of their strengths and weakness, which will aid them in selecting a training package to complement and build on their existing skills. 7 hours
- Develop an all-round understanding of topics related to professional driving.
- Understand every-day regulations and guidelines.
- Identify and avoid potential pitfalls.
- Introduction to the certificate of professional competence
- Drivers hours and tachographs
- Understanding the affects of criminality and trafficking
- Vehicle maintenance checks
- Regulations governing the carriage of goods
- Loading safe workplace practices
- Factors affecting personal performance
- Operating vehicle safety controls
- Optimising fuel economy
- Accidents and emergency situations.